Last update : July 2023

Right to work

People can work after they are granted refugee status or subsidiary protection. The work permit is issued by the National Employment Service. You can check with your lawyer or directly in the National Employment Service what documents are needed in order to get the work permit (everyone who gets refugee or sub. Protection has a lawyer.

If you asked for asylum but didn´t get a final decision within 9 months, you still have the right to obtain a work permit.