Unaccompanied minors (abbreviation in Dutch: AMV) in the Netherlands:

Last update: January 2013

Unaccompanied minor (abbreviation in Dutch: AMV): When you are a minor you can also ask for asylum. If your asylum request gets rejected it is possible to obtain a regular residence permit which is valid only till your 18th birthday. This is only the case if you have no parents or guardian in the Netherlands or in the EU, when you are not married or have registered partnership, and when there is no adequate shelter for you in your country of origin.

Go back