Living conditions in France

Last update: May 2013

Asylum seekers get given their 'first card' (Provisory Permit to Stay – APS) from the prefecture after they lodge a claim for asylum at 'l'Office des réfugiés' (OFPRA). After issue of this card, they are entitled to receive about 320 euros a month (Temporary waiting allocation - ATA). This will be interupt if they get state accommodation in an Accommodation centre for asylum seekers (CADA), even if they refuse it.

Then they will get the Monthly allocation of subsistance (AMS), which vary according to their incomes, the size of the family and the service provided by the accommodation centre : its amount can be from 91 to 202 euros per month for a person alone, including or not meals served by the accomodation centre.

Go back